Monday, December 07, 2009

Three Weeks Post Op

This morning as I was nursing Lucy one of the knots from her stitches came out. There are four knots total. One by each ear and two that meet in the middle of her head. This was one by her ear. It just fell right into my hand without any pulling or tugging.

Then when she woke up from her afternoon nap I noticed the knot by the other ear was loose and when I touched it, it too fell right out. The scab from her drainage tube also came off.

Because both of those knots came out the stitches are really loose and pull out from one another with ease. So now I've become obsessed with her stitches like you'd pick at a bad scab. She was in the bath for an extra long time tonight while I picked and gently pulled. To help my weird habit Lucy could care less so I can meddle to my heart's content.

Most of the side stitches are now out but the ones on the top of her head are still pretty tight so I've left those alone.

Her incision looks amazingly well. Tomorrow we go to Gillette's for her follow-up appointment and I'm sure she'll get gold stars across the board. I'll post here tomorrow on that.

I've received a few elbow jabs to post some recent pictures of Lucy so here there are. Take note that these were taken before her stitches started coming out.

No comments: