Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bouncing Back

Every time I walk into Lucy's room I want to cry just a little because she doesn't look anything like my baby girl with all that swelling. She looks more like a champion sumo wrestler. But then she wakes up and talks and plays just like her old self and then I'm reassured that this is indeed my little Lucy.

The swelling has come down a bit. She was able to get her right eye open just a slit. As soon as she did that a huge smile went across her face when she saw daddy looking back at her. I just can't believe what good spirits she is in for just having her head cut open 48 hours ago.

Below are a few pictures of her sitting up and playing with her toys. If you compare these pictures with the ones we took right before her surgery you can see how swollen and chubby she looks from all the fluids. We're told every day will be a little better and all the swelling should be gone in a few weeks.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little Lucy is going to go so far in life! She's got the best attitude! You'll see that baby girl face soon, but for now the champion sumo wrestler look is pretty darn cute too! ~Hilary

Jackie said...

She wanted to have a double chin like her bestest friend Sally :)

j9 said...

Thank you for all the updates and pictures! Lucy is still the cutest thing ever, I do have to say the sumo look is really quite becoming, and there are not many people who pull it off so well! I love that things are boring and moving along normally...I love normal! I suddenly was really awake at 3:00 (4:00 your time) this morning and I thought of Lucy, I hoped it wasn't a sign, and looking at the pictures, it was not. I am just normal, too, no psychic skills, thankfully. Love to you all!!

The Keenans said...

Oh so glad that you share the pics and stories for us to keep in touch with her progress! She is amazing the way she is responding! Go Lucy!!!
The Keenans

Caitlin Mahoney said...

Oh, Jenn, she still looks the same!!! She's beautiful! And there is just a with a little more to love. I've been reading and updating some of my coworkers everday. I'm soooo happy to hear that everything is working out well!

Love to the Nash's!
Love, Catlin